My weekend is almost a wrap, had a good family day at a themed park, had my fair share of quality rest and relaxation on my favorite place, and had a good uninterrupted marathon of my favorite comedy series, The Big Bang Theory. Much of the show focuses on science, particularly physics, and on the everyday lives of the four genius main characters… oh well, who doesn’t know the show right? Why should I bother briefing it…
The Big Bang Theory’s third season episodes revolves around Leonard and Penny’s relationship with some love/romantic twists with the other main characters, which then reminded me of a collection of posters I had saved a long time ago of minimal pick-up line posters with a cute nerdy twist.
Hope you like it!
My Summer is nearing its end. She’s gonna shine somewhere else. I’m gonna miss her smile. And the warmth that comforts me.
Its been a quarter, and I did not need to go to any beach or vacation to make this summer the best I had so far. You changed me, you taught me lessons, you made me realize things.
Someone told me that our lives aren’t a big thing(*guess it means something important)
They pass on the instant as discolour roses
Someone told me that the time that pass is a bastard
that is making topcoats from our grief
However someone said to me…
Who do you still love,
This is someone that’ve told me that you still love me.
Is it possible then?
Someone told me that the destiny is scoffing at us
dont’t give us anything and that promise us everything
Appear that the happiness is only for the reach hands
Then they tighten the hand and find themselves crazy
But someone have told me…
But who can tell me that today you are loving me?
I don’t remember more it was late in the night,
I’m still hearing the voice, but I don’t see anymore the ?points?
“He loves you, it’s a secret, don’t tell him that I tell you”
You see, someone told me…
Who do you still love, he really told me…
Who do you still love, is it possible then?
I will never forget you Summer. Shine bright and smile, you’ve been spending your lifetime caring for others, lifting them up with your light, its time for you to think of yourself. Be happy. You deserve it.
I will miss you.
I will never forget you.
And your sweet smile will always be welcome in my life no matter what.
I’ll get better I promise, I’ll be prepared just in case there would be an Autumn.
This is not goodbye.
Eat, Pray, Love is such a fascinating read (it also has a movie version) one that I recommend to any person trying to rediscover him/herself.
I hope the following quotes will encourage you to eat well, pray regularly and love passionately.
- “Look for God. Look for God like a man with his head on fire looks for water.”
- “In desperate love, we always invent the characters of our partners, demanding they be what we need of them, and then feeling devastated when they refuse to perform the role we created in the first place.”
- “We’re miserable because we think that we are mere individuals, alone with our fears and flaws and resentment and mortality.”
- “Your treasure – your perfection – is within you already. But to claim it, you must leave the busy commotion of the mind and abandon the desires of the ego and enter into the silence of the heart.”
- “You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.”
- “In a world of disorder and disaster and fraud, sometimes only beauty can be trusted. The appreciation of pleasure can be an anchor to one’s humanity.”
- “God is an experience of supreme love.”
- “Learning how to discipline your speech is a way of preventing your energies from spilling out of you through the rupture of your mouth, exhausting you and filling the world with words, words, words instead of serenity, peace and bliss.”
- “There is a reason they call God a presence – because God is right here, right now. In the present is the only place to find Him, and now is the only time.”
“People think a soul mate is your perfect fithat’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.
A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master…”
― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love